Sunday, July 24, 2011

Company Profile: Tom Bihn

Sometimes it's the individual bags that are really interesting, sometimes it's a company that puts out a lot of interesting bags. Finding these companies is like finding a reliable source, you might not like every bag but often if you like their style and quality, you'll like a lot of these bags. Over time I've found some speciality manufactures who's products I love, and I'll do a little profile on these companies. First is one that's my all time favorite, Tom Bihn.

Now, you'll notice I've got two bags of theirs reviewed, and I have many more. I probably sound like a salesman for them sometime but they have not paid me off in any way, I just love their stuff. Let's get down to it:

Tom Bihn

A small manufacturer based in Seattle, Washington, all bags are made in their factory in Seattle, and their care and craftsmanship shine through. I like the fact that the bags are made by locals, no outsourced manufacturing, and you can feel the love and attention they have for design and manufacture of their bags. Most of their bags are nylon based so it's kinda the more sporty look though the actual designs, I think are elegant and understated. They tend to target a more "travel" person with lots of carry-on and day bags, though also lots of briefcase style bags.

I was first introduced to them by their Brain Bag, (review upcoming) which has been my main backpack for close to 10 years now. It barely shows any wear and it's been good for so many situations.

Right, so the price is a bit high, but it's going to be like that for any of these specialty manufacturers, and you get what you pay for. Excellent quality, thoughtful design, and something that can be used for a lifetime.

You can actually visit their factory in Seattle and meet with the people who make your bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment